Unitl the invention of a practical Plate Heat Exchanger, tubular heat exchangers (double tube or bundle type) were the only machines for many applications. Originslly Plate Heat Exchangers were used mainly in the Beverage Industries. The liquid hold-up and high-energy recovery capability, mad possible by the plate type construction, are still of crucial importance, especially in the pasteurixation process.
The chemical Industry, in contrast, requires higher working pressures and long life in corrosive environments. The availability of a large selection of plate and gasket materials has led to steadily increasing success in this sector. Where toxic materials are required, Plate Heat Exchangers show distinct advantages over heat Exchangers, especially with regard to cost.
Plate Heat Exchangers are also preferred by the shipbuilding and "offshore" industries shere the compact construction coupled with titanium plates is essential.
In heating, ventilating and refrigeration applications the requirements for compact, high efficiency and economical heat exchangers have been met by the Plate Heat Exchanger, a gasket free version for smaller duties being especially successful.
Whilst remaining dominant in the beverage industry the plate heat exchangers has increase its overall market share, in other industries, to about 15%.
The overall market share of the plate heat exchanger is showing a disproportionate increase in many industrial sectors as they are increasingly uesd to replace more and more tubular exchangers.
A precondition is the availability of a large selection of plates of various sizes and characteristics. This flexibility will ensure increasing importance in many thermal processes.
Growth areas of especial importance are the food and environmental industries as well as many industries where energy recovery is important.
|The food and deverage industries
SIGMA, DHE plate heat exchangers
SIGMASTARбуevaporators are available for
* cooling, heating, hish temperature short-time heating and concentrating of fruit and vegetable juices, soft drinks, beer, cider and wines; similar processing is available for milk, milk products, sugar solustions, ice cream, fruit and vegetable pulp, soup, baby foods and other liquid foodstuffs and beverages
|Chemical and pharma-ceutical industries
SIGMA, DHE plate heat exchangers and SIGMATSTARбу
* heating, cooling and evaporation of water, acids, alkalies, emulsions, dispersions and other aqueous solu- tions requiring thermal processing
* cooling of exothermic reactions
* process heat recovery
* condensing of steam and solvent vapours
* environmental protection using closed circuit heating or cooling
|Heating and refrigeration engineering
SIGMA, DHE heat exchangers
* distribution startions for industrial and private district heating schemes
* provision of warm water and heating of boilers
* recovery of heat from heat pump systems
* heat recovery from geothermal plants and spa water
* cooling of closed circuits in heat pump and air conditioning plants
|Shipbuilding and steel mills
SIGMA, DHE heat exchangers
* shipboard central cooling systems for water and lubricating oil
* heat recovery for energy saving
* cooling of rolling oil emulsions, lubri-cating and hydraulic oils, process water, quench water or oil
* cooling of ammoniacal liquors and waste water from coking plants
|Industrial installations and processing areas
SIGMA, DHE heat exchangers and
* compete thermal processing plants or individual units for heating and heat recovery
* heating/cooling of lubrication and heat transfer liquids (oils and salt solutions as well as caustic solutions)
* heat recovery from paint systems or other industrial waste heasts to reduce the energy consumption
* evaporation of waste water
* separation systems for toxic liquids for environmental protection
|SIGMA API Schmidt-Bretten GERMANY|
|DHE Dong-A-ENG Co.,Ltd. KOREA|
|You can experience air cooler techology of GEA. Germany
through Dong-a Engineering co.Ltd in KOREA.
|Air coolers are suitable for most cooling applications,including low product
temperature requirements as the cost of industrial and waste water keep rising.
The dry coolers consist of fin tube bundles fed with cooling air by fans. The number and arrangement of the tube bundles and fans vary. Tube bundles and fans are interconnected by the plenum chamber. The whole unit rests on a supporting structure.